The 2014 ABARES Outlook conference focused on emerging opportunities for Australian agriculture in evolving export markets, agricultures economic outlook and commodity forecasts, and explored the challenges of productivity and infrastructure within the sector.
The information presented was underpinned by expert analysis and insight from Australian producers, leading nation and international speakers.
Key points raised at the conference came as no great surprise to industry leaders. They were:
- Australian producers need to improve competitiveness
- More investment in Research,Development & Extension needed
- Regulatory burden directly linked to productivity and competitiveness
- Competing with China more achievable due to country’s wage increase
- Consistent messaging over time will boost brands
View presentations from ABARES Outlook Conference.