Why should I enter the Royal Melbourne Wine Awards (RMWA)?
There are many reasons. Here are just some:
- The RMWA is Australia’s leading national wine awards, offering Exhibitors the opportunity to benchmark their wines against industry standards and receive feedback from independent industry experts.
- The 2016 RMWA will see the introduction of unique, innovative results reporting that will better assist winemakers to improve upon and benchmark their wines against their peers. Exhibit scores will be represented on distribution graphs, enabling exhibitors to see how their wines rank against others in their Class and region.
- Medal-winning winemakers will be provided with the RMWA Marketing & PR Kit to assist with promoting their win and marketing their wine with a seal of quality.
- Exhibitors can promote and position their wine through the RASV associated events, including at the Exhibitor and Trade Tasting and WCA Lunch.
- Award-winning winemakers have the opportunity to showcase their wines in the Winning Tastes Pavilion at the Royal Melbourne Show
How do I enter the RMWA?
You can either enter online at www.rasv.com.au/wine or download, complete and return the Entry Form. For online entry, click the ‘Enter Online’ icon and either login to your existing account using your email address or create a new login for first-time entrants. Use the ‘Forgotten Password’ function to retrieve your password if necessary. Downloaded entry forms should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org for processing.
What happens after I enter my wines into the RMWA?
Once your entries have been processed, you will be emailed an Entry Acknowledgement. You should check the details of this Acknowledgement carefully as this information will inform your Entry Confirmation, Classes and competition labels. Changes or corrections should be emailed to email@example.com without delay. Once payment has been received and your entries have been verified as correct and accepted for entry into the RMWA you will receive by email an Entry Confirmation containing your labels in PDF format and instructions on how to submit your entries. Please contact the Event Manager if you do not receive this email.
Can I attend the judging?
No, judging of the Royal Melbourne Wine Awards is closed to the public. Exhibitors are invited to attend the Exhibitor and Trade Tasting on the Friday after the Presentation Dinner at Melbourne Showgrounds. This event is restricted to Exhibitors, wine trade and buyers (on application) – two (2) invitations per Exhibitor will be allocated. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to have the names of your two representatives placed on the door list – tickets will not be issued.
When are the results available?
The results will be announced at the gala Presentation Dinner on Thursday 20 October at Mural Hall on Bourke Street. This is a ticketed event. For further information please email email@example.com. Following the Presentation Dinner, the full results will be published online at www.rasv.com.au/wine and via the RASV mobile site, m.rasv.com.au, and Exhibitors will be emailed their scores with links to downloadable Medal Art (where applicable). Medal Certificates and Results Catalogues will be mailed after the Exhibitor and Trade Tasting.
How do you use my wine?
In addition to samples being used for judging, they are also:
- Made available at the RMWA Exhibitor and Trade Tasting,
- Gifted to volunteer RMWA stewards in thanks and appreciation for their efforts,
- Donated to the Alfred Foundation to assist fund-raising initiatives of the hospital, as well as to other charities,
- Featured in displays of Trophy and Medal-winning product,
- Showcased to guests attending the Royal Melbourne Show,
- Promoted at VIP and media tastings, and, in previous years, at consumer events,
- And some wines are made available to RASV board and staff in exchange for a monetary donation with the funds raised used to support the $15K travel scholarship that is offered each year to the winemaker of the Jimmy Watson Memorial Trophy-winning wine.
RASV does not publicly or commercially sell any entered wine. Exhibit stock remaining after the RMWA and its associated events will remain the property of RASV.